Welcome to a world of Strength and Fitness

Kettlebell Training is by far one of the most effective and efficient tools available. All forms of unconventional and conventional training have a place in your strength and fitness, but to us at MBody Strength, kettlebells are king! Fore more info check out MBody Strength.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

October 28th: Friday Boulder Shoulder Day

Today was de-load day for Military Press. This meant higher reps which I hate when it comes to shoulders, but what has to be done has to be done. I've always hated working pressing, but I'm learning to love it.


Log Press: I definitely overestimated my max with this. I had it at 165 but it’s more at about150.

40%-5 (58lb)

50%-5 (72lb)

60% -16 (88lb)-harder than I thought it would be but that’s my own damn fault for practicing handstands all day yesterday!


Ring Pull ups (32kg)-4, (BW)-15

Incline Barbell Shrug (265)-8 (225)-20

-90 seconds between sets


Lateral Raise (40lb)-6 (30lb)-20


Double Clean and Jerk (16kg)-2

sets of 2:00 minutes with 1:00 minute rest. My hat goes off to all those Kettlebell Sportsters out there.


Finished with Tabata Ropes (double slams, alternating waves, side waves, etc)


This was a surprisingly fun session. My pull-ups are going up. My pressing is getting better (which has always lagged) and my cardio is awesome. I can’t WAIT for this next cycle.

What’s funny is I’ve never been so consistent with tracking, my plan, my diet, etc. Here’s the secret:

You don’t think yourself into a new way of acting, you act yourself into a way of thinking.

IT’S AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

So many people look for the “perfect plan” and while I’ve written extensively about this it bears repeating. There is no perfect training or diet plan. There is only the plan that you can follow. I’ve tried many. I happen to enjoy this one A LOT. It quenches my thirst for strength as well as my quest for better conditioning for Jiu Jitsu and any sport I attempt. Not to mention body comp.


Here's a recent progress pic from this (Saturday) morning compared to 3 weeks ago all while enjoying Yogurtland and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Not bad for about three and a half weeks. Can't WAIT for the next four and half!


Yes the hair is awesome. I know.



12:00-2 cans tuna, 8oz sweet potato, spinach, ketchup

3:00-HPN P(3)

4:00-Train

5:30-Flame Broiler Beef with White Rice (my next business may be opening up a Flame Broiler. Save some money)

8:00-1 cup white rice, 8oz pork chop, salad, Maduros (fried bananas Cuban-style), 3 bites Tres Leches cake (amazing)

11:00-3/4 cup brown rice, 3oz beef


The weekend is now upon us. Good luck my friends. Stay focused!

No comments: