Welcome to a world of Strength and Fitness

Kettlebell Training is by far one of the most effective and efficient tools available. All forms of unconventional and conventional training have a place in your strength and fitness, but to us at MBody Strength, kettlebells are king! Fore more info check out MBody Strength.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Oct 27th: Anniversary Time

Today was my 4 year anniversary with my wife. What does this mean? It means a nice dinner with lots of alcohol, dessert, and feeling like shit.


Not this time!


I planned for my meal which fell on a low carb day. That meant steak, which was fine by me. Had a quick lunch, and then hit the cardio which KICKED MY ASS.


4:00 minutes at each station. 15sec sprint/15 sec rest

Station 1: Battlin’ ropes (alternated between double waves, alternating waves, etc)

Station 2: Prowler. I FREAKING love this thing.

Station 3: Jump Rope (If you don’t jump rope, START)

Station 4: Spin Bike.


Finished all this fun, trained my fighters and then headed home. I was starving and there were a ton of cookies left. I let them be. Today was not a carb day! The point of this “diet” is to allow yourself everything, but you still need the discipline to eat it on the right day/time.


Dinner was a place called the Beachcomber in Newport Beach. Again, the old Marcus would have said to hell with the diet, it’s a “special” day. Special days started happening a lot…


I started dinner with a couple of Amstel Lights. If you can’t have beer on a program then what’s the point?



Then moved into a steak, shrimp combo with a chimichurri citrus sauce. I then opted out of the potatoes for extra veggies.




This was a special occasion, but why would I “reward” myself with food? I’ll reward myself by enjoying time with my beautiful wife! If it was post workout, carb day or if I was where I wanted to be in my body comp then I might have been more lenient, but none of those are the case.


Finished with a trip to Sprinkles cupcakes (Damn you, Samantha) where I had to remind myself repeatedly of my goals. She even asked if I wanted a bite and I said nay. I think I deserve a Nobel Peace Prize.


Since my macros were well under I planned a low-carb peanut butter sandwich when I got home, which is my new favorite meal. It’s got a ton of protein and only about 24g carbs. Perfect.


12:00PM-1 cup FAGE yogurt, 2 scoops Biochem, ¼ cup coconut milk

2:30PM-Pure Powder (why my intensity was so high!)

4:30PM-2 tbsp almond butter

6:00PM-2 Amstel Lights, 6 oz skirt steak, 4 oz shrimp, tons of veggies

8:00PM- 2 slices Mahlers California Bread, 1 tbsp Almond butter, 1 tbsp organic peanut butter, ½ tbsp low carb jam, ½ scoop casein protein (all mixed together)-Tastes awesome!


Till next time.

No comments: