Welcome to a world of Strength and Fitness

Kettlebell Training is by far one of the most effective and efficient tools available. All forms of unconventional and conventional training have a place in your strength and fitness, but to us at MBody Strength, kettlebells are king! Fore more info check out MBody Strength.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Oct: 26th Peel Me off the Ground

October 26th: Wednesday

Today was as minimalist as it gets. Squat day, high rep day, gonna be a fun day.

Based on a 300lb or so max my numbers felt small

40%-125-5

50%-155-5

60%-185 for max. I hit 40 and the only reason I stopped is because I was starting to gas and would have probably put my back in danger even with the light weight if I was gasping for air.


By the time I was finished I was gasping for air. Is it sick that I love that feeling? Is it?!

I decided I was almost about finished physically so I went for kettlebell swings; 48kg for 20 sets of 10 with 20 sec between them. This felt like a good idea at the time, but by set 12 I was starting to hurt. I almost wussed out and went to sets of 5 or bumped up the rest time, but that really wasn’t an option. It was my mind playing tricks on me.


That’s going to happen. There are going to be times when you’ll say “ok, that was enough.” That is your mind protecting you from pain. Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. You have to go through it. It’s the ONLY thing that will can change a human inside and out. To endure the uncomfortable feelings that come with intensity, growth, and progress.


WHEN you can endure that on a regular and consistent basis is when you are truly transforming. Not a lame 12 week transformation, but a transformation for life. A transformation that will extend beyond getting a six pack. Trust me. It will happen without a doubt.

12:30PM-8oz sweet potato, 10oz chicken breast, lettuce, 3tbsp organic ketchup (on the potato, not the lettuce)

3:30-HPN P(3)

5:00-8oz chicken breast

6:30-2 bowls cinnamon toast crunch with almond milk

8:00-Flamebroiler Beef with Brown Rice Bowl.

9:00-small cookie, protein shake (My wife makes the best damn baked goods.)

No comments: