Welcome to a world of Strength and Fitness

Kettlebell Training is by far one of the most effective and efficient tools available. All forms of unconventional and conventional training have a place in your strength and fitness, but to us at MBody Strength, kettlebells are king! Fore more info check out MBody Strength.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oct 14th: Training Journal Series

October 14th: Friday

I changed my training day to Sunday for a couple of reasons.

1. I enjoy being a little more liberal on my diet on the weekend. Weekdays are no problem for me (as most people) so I want the few extra carbs and calories to go to recovery rather than just sit on my off day. Didn’t mean I was going to sit on my arse today!

Did a 12-minute plyo workout. I’m not a huge fan of plyos in regular training, but every now and then is good.

Finished that off with a 10 min portion of the MB45 Essentials and 10 sets of 20 double-unders with 20 seconds between sets. Damn that sucked.

Ate fairly light today. Was going to a party later that night so I wanted to give myself a little wiggle room.

11:45-12ish: Panda Express (2 servings chicken with a lot of steamed vegetables)

3-Pre-workout HPN, PW-10g BCAA

4-1 cup Fage non-fat yogurt, 1 scoop Biochem whey, ¼ cup chocolate almond milk

8-Anti-pasta salad (salami, cheese, olives) a few crackers with dip and a lot of red wine (maybe, too much)

11-3/4 cup Fage with 1 scoop Casein Protein.

A true transformation is happening. I’ve always been consistent with training, but the diet was always a struggle. Easier said than done for some people. This has not been the case. The last few weeks I’ve been more dedicated because I’m not thinking of it in 4,6,8 or 12 weeks. I’m thinking of it as 4-week chunks for the rest of my life. Lifestyle, people! I know it’s so cliché with training, but this HAS to be a lifestyle. If you don’t see yourself doing this in 6 months, don’t bother.

No comments: