Welcome to a world of Strength and Fitness

Kettlebell Training is by far one of the most effective and efficient tools available. All forms of unconventional and conventional training have a place in your strength and fitness, but to us at MBody Strength, kettlebells are king! Fore more info check out MBody Strength.

Friday, October 14, 2011

October Training Journnal Series: 11th-13th

October 11th: Tuesday
Today was squat day. You always hear from strength enthusiasts that you MUST build your squat if you want to build a powerful body. This is ABSOLUTELY true. I am not just saying this because I have learned to love squats. I have never felt stronger in my life and at one point I was doing pistols holding a 32kg for reps.
Very few things feel as good as hitting a new PR on squats. Trust me.

Squat (based on 290 max)

60%- 170-5

70%-195-5

80%-225-14 (max). I have grossly underestimated my squat max, but better to underestimate than over.

-2.5 min between sets.

KB Front Squats (28kg)-6,5,5

Double Outside the Leg Swings (28kg)-10,10,10

-60 seconds between

RDL (possibly one of my favorite exercises)-255-8,8,8

Single Leg Calf Raise (36kg)-8,8,8

Grip is a determining factor for RDL, but I would rather sacrifice bigger numbers for a stronger grip. That’s just me. I see more use in lifting what you could physically lift on your own. I see both sides of the argument, but when push comes to shove, I want a stronger grip.

Rested and ate well today.

October 12th: Wednesday

A MUCH needed rest day.

2:30-Chipotle Salad with beans

3:00-Almond Butter sandwich. Very neededJ

5:00-6oz chicken fillet

9:00-6 oz ground beef (75/25), 2 eggs, large salad,

Dessert was ½ cup cottage cheese, ½ cup yogurt, Casein protein, 1 oz raisins

Not much about today other than it being a LONG day.

October 13th: Thursday

Was ready to hit the weights early, but paced myself.

Jiu Jitsu at 10:30 with 10g BCAAs in me and 5g after.

Followed that up with a large salad with chicken and an apple.

3:45: Pre Workout Supps (P(3)

4:15-5:00 Train

Military Press (BJJ screwed up my numbers big time)

Log: 5

Log+10: 5 reps

Log+45: 2 reps (elbow was killing me from BJJ)

Log+40: 3 reps

(no more BJJ the same day as training)

Ring Pullups (20kg)-6,6 (BW)-10

Incline Shrug (235)-8,8,8

-90 seconds between

Double Snatch (28kg)-6,6,6

Lateral Raise (30)-8,8,8

Post-Workout: ½ cup Fage non fat yogurt, 1 scoop Biochem protein, 1 small banana

Dinner (which was awesome): ½ chicken, large salad, 1.5 cups brown rice, 5 oz Yogurtland

I don’t care what results people are getting from certain diets. If they don’t see themselves doing it long-term than forget about long-term results. You have to make this an enjoyable process. Not one of deprivation. I know this is working because my wife is commenting and anyone who’s married knows that the partner that sees them everyday is the LAST person to compliment. Keep that in mind.

Till next time.

No comments: