Welcome to a world of Strength and Fitness

Kettlebell Training is by far one of the most effective and efficient tools available. All forms of unconventional and conventional training have a place in your strength and fitness, but to us at MBody Strength, kettlebells are king! Fore more info check out MBody Strength.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

MKS: El Primero




World travel is intense in and of itself. Add a two day workshop and the ante just got upped.

I recently returned from Buenos Aires and my new friends at Tuluka Crossfit after performing the inaugural MBodyStrength Kettlebell System Certification where I taught a group of strength and fitness enthusiasts’ kettlebell training. I wanted to share my experience in Argentina and what has come from this amazing trip.

When I first arrived I was greeted by one of the owners of Tuluka, Martin Casas. To say he was friendly and hospitable would be an understatement. I was welcomed with open arms and treated as a brother in strength and fitness from day one until the day I left.

The first few days consisted of meet and greets with the trainers and owners of Tuluka. Santiago was a gracious host, as well. Dinner (and by dinner I mean meat and a lot of it) and great conversation was definitely on the menu but there was a lot of work ahead. Two full days of training with over 30 people was going to be fun, but challenging.

The day of the workshop came and I was instantly at home. This is what I love to do; help others become better, stronger athletes and each participant was just that. They were eager and willing, open to new ideas, and some of the most hard working people I’ve ever worked with.

The two days were long but such an amazing and fun experience. Tuluka consisted of a group that not only learned so much, but also taught me so much as well. Not just in kettlebell training, but in strength and fitness in general.

Each day brought new challenges as I did everything in my power to make sure everyone who had attended gained as much knowledge as possible. From how to effectively teach the swing to how to perform a pistol. I held nothing back.

It was only two days of work but it felt like ten. We went over all the basics of the MBody Kettlebell System and then moved into some more advanced movements. The camaraderie was intense and the atmosphere was amazing.

In my attempt to give everything at this MKS, I may have given too much. I could have gone for days without stopping. As with anything I do, I ask myself after what I could have done better. What can be improved? Of course, everything can be polished and the MKS was no exception. There is so much that can be done with kettlebell training and I am determined to spread the word to the masses!

Many improvements were made on the return flight home, which will only make each subsequent event better and better. There is no limit to where this will go and zero restraints will be put on it. I see big things for the MKS and the relationship I have built with the people at Tuluka.

I can honestly I say I made lifelong friends from this trip, learned a lot about myself as a person and as a strength coach, and that I am truly excited about what the future holds for MBody Strength and Tuluka Crossfit.






No comments: