Welcome to a world of Strength and Fitness

Kettlebell Training is by far one of the most effective and efficient tools available. All forms of unconventional and conventional training have a place in your strength and fitness, but to us at MBody Strength, kettlebells are king! Fore more info check out MBody Strength.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Summer's a-coming...are you ready?!

It dawned on me this morning that summer is QUICKLY approaching. And I mean quickly. Which leads me to the point of today's email...

Are you where you want to be with your body? If so, kudos. If not, well, why not?

I'm going to share with you a few tricks to help you lose some stubborn body fat and get you well on your way to your summer look.

1. LIFT HEAVY! I know, not really a trick but focus on lifting heavier weights even if you're used to circuits. Lift heavier kettlebells, barbells, sandbags, whatever it is, it don't matter. Lifting heavier not only increases your strength (duh) but also will help you burn a ton more calories in your workout. And I swear if I get one response saying "won't I bulk up??" from any of you ladies I just might scream:)

2. Cycle your Carbs. While I am NOT a fan of low carb'n, strategic carb'n is an awesome tactic that will help you increase your strength in your sessions while dropping unwanted body fat. The cool thing is no matter what plan you're on you can start incorporating asap!

**On your training sessions (not cardio sessions but lifting days) increase your carb intake. Try keeping your carb intake at about 40% and only cardio/rest days at 20-30%. Use Livestrong.com for an accurate look at what you're eating. Which brings me to the final number...

3. Track calories! Ok, this can be a pain in the ass....BUT...and it's a big but, IT WILL TAKE THE GUESSWORK OUT OF THE EQUATION. Of course, this rule only applies to those who want a majorly defined, ripped, physique.I don't care if you're Paleo, Neanderthal, Caveman, I only eat grass and berries, if you don't track you are most likely eating more than you should. Simple as that.

There you have it. A few simple things you can start doing ASAP to start seeing results ASAP!

No comments: